Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Information

How do I contact the Office of the Registrar?

7000 Regency Square Blvd
Suite 102
Houston, TX 77036
Phone number: 832-252-4631

What is the Office of the Registrar’s hours of operation?

8:30am to 7:30pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) 8:30am to 6:00pm (Wednesday)

How do I change my name on my student record?

The Registrar’s office will need legal documentation for a name change. We ask that you bring in your original legal paperwork for us to photocopy so we can make the change to your student record.

How do I change my address?

A student can change their personal information through the student information portal at (BIO page), or come to the Office of the Registrar and we will make the change for you.

Grades, Transfer Credits and Proficiency Exams

How can I see my grades?

Grades are posted on the student portal and can be seen by going to , “Student” tab, if a current CBS student . If you are an alumni or withdrawn student, your grades can be found at, “Alumni” tab.

Why is there an “I” showing on my transcript?

An “I” grade is for incomplete course work. The “I” grade will default to an “F” after six months if course work has not been completed.

How can I change an “I” grade to a letter grade?

Turn in completed work and contact your Professor for a grade change.

How can I test out of a course offered?

Contact your Academic Advisor for details on course offerings having proficiency exams for course credit.

Why is there an “F” on my transcript when I did not go to the class?

Students sometimes register for a class, never attend and forget to complete a formal ADD/DROP form to withdraw from the course. In such cases, tuition payment is still required and an “F” grade will be published because course work was not completed.

What do I need to do to transfer credits from another school?

You will need to order an Official Transcript from your prior college and have them send it to the CBS Admissions department @ for consideration.

I am already a CBS student but I took another class elsewhere, can I still transfer credit for the course to CBS?

Yes, you will need to order an Official Transcript from the other institution and have the transcript sent to the CBS Office of the Registrar.


How do I apply for graduation?

To apply, students will need to complete the Intent to Graduate Form online and submit to the Office of the Registrar along with the graduation fee of $60.

When is Commencement?

Commencement is the annual celebration held each May at Houston’s First Baptist Church. For further graduation information, please refer to the “Graduation Information” site on the CBS website Home page or Registrar’s “Graduation” tab.

I am to graduate in August; will I really have to wait until next May to walk in Commencement?

Yes, CBS confers degrees or graduates students in three-degree conferral groups (August 30, December 30 and May 30). Since Commencement is held in May of each year, students who have not completed their academic requirements will not be finished to participate in May of the same year. Therefore, they are asked to wait until the next Commencement celebration the following year.

I graduated, when and how will I get my diploma?

CBS confers degrees or graduates students in three-degree conferral groups (August 30, December 30 and May 30). Once a final audit is done on a student’s academic record and all requirements have been met, their degree will be conferred on the 30th. Your Graduation Specialist will contact you by email within 3 to 4 weeks after the conferral date notifying you that your diploma is ready for pick up at the Office of the Registrar.

Registration, Class Schedule and Course Offerings

What are the criteria for being an official student to register?

  1. Completion of the Admissions process
  2. Completion of New Student Orientation
  3. Course enrollment through
  4. Tuition payment or payment plan set up

How do I login to the CBS student portal and register for classes?

You will have to go to and input your Student ID and PIN to enter the student portal. If you have forgotten your personal identifiers, click on the third line on the Student Access page. Your Student ID and PIN will be sent to your email address.

I cannot access my student record, what do I do?

The Office of the Registrar will need to determine the reason why. It could be due to one of the following issues:

  1. Student's account has been disabled after too many Student Access attempts.
  2. Student is in Withdrawn Status and will need to be re-admitted to the college for status change.
  3. There is a “Hold” on their student record.
  4. Student recently graduated and is no longer in “Student” status but is now listed as an “Alumni”.

Where do I go to pay my tuition to hold my class?

Enter student portal through and go to the “Billing” tab to pay tuition in full or set up a payment plan with Nelnet.

How do I take a course for no-credit (audit)?

CBS students may audit a course by registering through the “Registration” tab and selecting “Audit” instead of “Credit”. 

How do I add or drop a class online?

CBS students are able to drop a class online by completing an "Add/Drop Form". Click here to access the form. Once this form has been submitted, the Office of the Registrar will process the drop within 1 business day. Processing of Drops may take longer during the start of the semester. The Registrar does not accept forms submitted by fax or mail. This form should be submitted in person.

I am trying to register online but the system will not let me, what do I do?

Contact the Office of the Registrar at or call 832-252-4631 to determine the reason why. Possible reasons:

  1. Student may have a “Hold” on their account
  2. Student may not have met the course pre-requisite.
  3. Student may have met the pre-requisite but the pre-requisite is under an old course number.
  4. Other (System error)

I am registered for a class but I am unable to attend this semester, what do I do?

You will need to complete and submit an Add/Drop form. To obtain the form, go to “Students & Alumni” tab. Select “Forms,” then print Add/Drop form to complete and fax to the Registrar’s Office at 832-252-4698 or go to the Office of the Registrar on campus. Please refer to the CBS Refund Policy in the Academic Catalog or go to the Financial Aid link under Students & Alumni tab.

Where can I get a copy of my class schedule?

Class schedules can be found by going to, BIO page, “Schedule” tab.

What courses will be offered this coming semester?

The course schedule can be found on the “Registrar’s” tab under “Registering for Classes”, or going to

Transcripts, Enrollment and Degree Verifications

How do I order a CBS transcript?

From the “Registrar” tab, click on “Transcripts”. Go to “Transcript Request Form,” complete, submit and pay online through PayPal or other mode of payment.

Can I order a transcript by phone?


How much does a transcript cost?


How can I get an Unofficial Transcript?

Go to and print off your posted grades.

Can my transcript be released if I have a Hold?

If you have an outstanding balance with the college or outstanding degree conferral requirements, then a Student Financial Services or Registrar Hold will appear and a transcript cannot be processed until the Hold has been cleared.

Can my transcript be faxed or emailed?


I ordered an official transcript and it has not been received, what do I do?

CBS can guarantee Same Day and 2 to 3 Day processing time from the Office of the Registrar but we have no control over the US Mail service time. We have seen transcripts take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks to arrive at its destination. If after 2 weeks a transcript does not arrive, we will be happy to send a second transcript complimentary on your behalf.

How can I get verification of my enrollment or degree?

CBS uses the service of the National Student Clearinghouse to furnish verification of enrollment or degree verification. Currently enrolled students may obtain verification free of charge by accessing the Clearinghouse website. Third parties are assessed a charge of $2.50 per verification and may contact the Clearinghouse directly at: Website: Phone: 703-742-4200 Fax: 703-742-4239 Mail: National Student Clearinghouse 2300 Dulles Station Blvd. Suite 300 Herndon, VA 20171